PTFE ferrules are a changeable part used in thermal desorption in long-term tube storage caps, as well as in unions to connect tubes in series or connect tubes to other accessories. Other types of ferrules include graphite/Vespel ferrules, used to connect the transfer line to the GC and TD instruments, to connect canisters to tubing, and tubing to instrumentation.
- Can be interchanged in long-term storage caps and unions, for compatibility with all commercially available thermal desorption tubes
- Ensure appropriate seal is achieved, preventing leaks/ingress
- Replaceable part – PTFE ferrules enable elevated-temperature bake-outs to remove sources of contamination
- PFTE ferules are 100% inert and used in connections where sample contact is possible
1/4" PTFE- pk 20
1/4"- pk 200
6 mm- pk 20
6mm- pk 200
1/16" x 0.4 mm- pk 10
1/16" x 1/16"- pk 10
1/8" x 1/16"- pk 10
1/8" x 2 mm- pk 10
1/16" x 0.8 mm- pk 10
1/4" x 1/8"- pk 10
Markes offers two basic styles of PTFE ferrule:
- ¼″ i.d., which are compatible with industry-standard tubes
- 6 mm i.d., which are compatible with 6 mm o.d. tubes such as DAAMS, TD Mini-tubes etc.
PTFE ferrules prevent surface damage to the exterior of TD tubes, which may interfere with barcodes or serial numbers.
Graphite/Vespel ferrules are used where connections are exposed to elevated temperatures – they are tolerant of high temperatures, and reduce sticking and shrinking. If treated carefully, they can be reused and repositioned, and only gentle force is needed to compress them and form a seal.
They can be exposed to temperatures up to 250°C and are soft, which is ideal for connections that are regularly adjusted.
C-FP020 - C-FP020-XZ - C-FP200 - C-FP200-XZ - U-FV001 - U-FV002 - U-FV003 - U-FV005 - U-FV007 - U-FV008 - U-FV009