Markes International has the following job openings
Click on the position title to show full details. To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV specifying which position you are applying for to email@example.com
Reports to: Customer Support Manager
Location: Bridgend, UK
This role involves service support of our entire portfolio of analytical instrumentation to our customers worldwide. Although based at the Bridgend HQ the position will require extensive travel throughout the UK and some overseas travel, potentially at short notice.
- On-site installation, maintenance and repair of Markes’ thermal desorption (TD), time-of-flight (TOF) mass spectrometers and INSIGHT® flow modulation instrumentation
- On-site installation, maintenance and repair of third-party analytical products e.g. OEM Gas Chromatography (GC) products when required
- Provision of service in accordance to customer’s entitlements (contract, warranty or channel partner assistance)
- Documenting fully each service visit within company CRM
- Managing escalated service situations through to completion
- Reporting of field issues to product development and engineering teams as required
- Recognition of sales opportunities following customer communication for additional instrumentation, consumables, training etc.
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, have strong communication and people skills and be eager to learn.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Physical Science – preferably Chemistry
- Proven ability in problem solving following a logical approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers
- Dextrous and confident with repair of mechanical instrumentation.
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritising work and managing time efficiently.
- The ability to travel and be away from home for potentially the majority of the working week is essential
- Hands on experience of GC and GC–MS equipment will be an advantage.