Multi-tube thermal desorber with advanced re-collection options
UNITY–ULTRA-xr Pro™ is our highest capacity, automated thermal desorption system for the unattended processing of up to 199 sorbent tubes in a single sequence. Its automated re-collection of tube and trap desorption split flows is unique to Markes and provides the most comprehensive re-collection options and enhanced sample security. It is ideal for laboratories needing to rapidly process large numbers of tube-based samples and take full advantage of the ability to automate sample re-analysis.
UNITY–ULTRA-xr Pro is also available with Markes’ award winning Multi-Gas functionality, independently certified for operation with a choice of 3 carrier gases: helium, nitrogen and hydrogen. Hydrogen carrier gas offers fast, cost-effective analyses and protection against future helium shortages.
Market-leading advantages of UNITY–ULTRA-xr Pro
- Eliminate helium dependency – Use of hydrogen, nitrogen or helium as a carrier gas for your automated sorbent tube analysis with Markes' Multi-Gas UNITY–ULTRA-xr Pro.
- Sample security – With fully automated quantitative sample re-collection from all split flows, UNITY–ULTRA-xr Pro offers sequenced repeat analysis, simple method/data validation, as well as overcoming the ‘one-shot’ limitation of historical systems. Additionally, tubes remain capped at all times, avoiding sample contamination and/or analyte loss.
- Cost saving – The electrically-cooled focusing trap eliminates the expense and hassle of liquid cryogen and prevents risk of ice blockages thus optimising uptime. Choosing to operate with hydrogen carrier gas with a Multi-Gas thermal desorber will also eliminate dependency on helium and its rising cost.
- Time saving – Overlap mode and capacity for up to 199 × 3½″ tubes allow you to maximise productivity (for example, by running an unattended sequence over several days).
- Broadest available tube analyte and concentration range – UNITY–ULTRA-xr is compatible with analysis of VOCs from C3 to C44, including reactive and thermally labile species. The unbeatable split versatility (true-splitless to 125,000:1) also enables both high-concentration and trace-level samples to be analysed.
- Precision – Automated addition of an internal standard to the focusing trap or to a tube, during analysis enhances the quality of your data.
- High data quality – Automatic leak tests carried out before analysis of each sample ensure confidence in your data quality and full compliance with key regulated methods.
- Reliability – Dry-purge or pre-purge automatically remove water and air from the sample before analysis, avoiding the risk of interference in the gas chromatograph, and extending the lifetimes of your column and detector.
- Simplified chain of custody – The on-board TubeTAG read/write functionality automatically updates tube and sample information during analysis.
- Compliance with standard methods – Stringent leak testing, re-collection and a range of advanced water management options ensure full compliance with key standard methods from numerous regulatory bodies, including US EPA, Chinese EPA, CEN, ISO, ASTM, HSE, JSA and NIOSH.
- Easy laboratory integration – UNITY–ULTRA-xr is compatible with GC and GC–MS from all major manufacturers, minimising the upfront investment required to investigate new TD markets for your lab.
- Easy and intelligent operation – Built-in standard-method parameters, automated self-checking diagnostics and usage/maintenance counters maximise instrument uptime.