Fast and flexible sampling of chemical and odours released from materials and food
Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor™ (µ-CTE™) is a practical tool for rapid emission screening in R&D or as part of routine factory production control. It can be used to check surface or bulk emission profiles and to assess raw materials and compare products across a range. Applications include construction materials, car trim, consumer products and profiling volatiles released from foods and fragranced products.
Benefits of the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor
- Fast and efficient – The µ-CTE avoids the need for time-consuming sample preparation, and sampling is complete within minutes rather than days.
- Cost-effective – Using the µ-CTE saves time and money by minimising the need for third-party reference tests.
- Wide analyte range – Released volatiles are captured onto sorbent tubes (for VOCs and SVOCs) or DNPH cartridges (for formaldehyde), and all surfaces are inert-coated for compatibility with reactive or thermally labile chemicals.
- Predict the results of reference tests – Data from the µ-CTE has been shown to correlate with longer-term tests carried out using small chambers.
- Method-compliant – The µ-CTE complies with international standard methods ISO 12219-3 (interior air of road vehicles) and ASTM D7706 (rapid screening of VOC emissions from products).
- Versatile –Two instrument models are available to suit your sampling requirements – a four-chamber model (chambers each 114 cm3, max. 250°C), and a six-chamber model (chambers each 44 cm3, max. 120°C).
- Sampling versatility – As well as sampling emissions from bulk samples, a range of accessories allows sampling of surfaces or permeation through materials, humidification of air/gas, chamber calibration, and easy cutting of foam samples.