Cryogen-free, automated canister and whole air preconcentration system
UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™ is an inert, multi-channel system for the automated analysis of VOCs in canisters and bags. It has capacity for up to 27 channels, operates completely without cryogen, and is also compatible with on-line and tube-based sampling. It’s the ultimate system for high-throughput laboratories running the canister-based methods US EPA TO-15/TO-15A and Chinese EPA HJ 759. It is also ideal for analysts needing a versatile TD system able to handle other whole-air samples, as well as sorbent tubes.
UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™ is also available with our award winning Multi-Gas functionality. the Multi-Gas Enabled UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™ is the only canister and bag thermal desorber independently certified for operation with a choice of 3 carrier gases: helium, nitrogen and hydrogen. Hydrogen carrier gas offers fast, cost-effective analyses and protection against future helium shortages.
Market-leading advantages of UNITY-CIA Advantage-xr
- Eliminate helium dependency – Use of hydrogen, nitrogen or helium as a carrier gas for your canister and bag analysis with our Multi-Gas enabled UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™
- Cost saving – Electrically-operated Peltier coolers allows analysis of compounds as volatile as C2 hydrocarbons without the inconvenience of cryogen, and the associated risk of flow-path ice blockages.
- Versatility – The UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™ incorporates the capability for canister and bag analysis aswell as on-line monitoring and single sorbent-tube desorption. Furthermore, automated 100-sorbent tube desorption can be achieved with the addition of the ULTRA-xr tube autosampler, allowing you to respond to new applications and customer requirements.
- Enhance productivity and time saving– Up to 27 canisters or bags at high and low concentrations can be analysed in a single unattended sequence, with sample throughput boosted by overlap mode.
- Precision and method-compliance – Inbuilt internal standard capability, outstanding system linearity and part-per-trillion-level MDLs ensure full compliance with key methods such as US EPA TO-15/TO-15A and Chinese EPA HJ 759.
- Reliability – with unsurpassed water management from Dry-Focus3™ (three-stage focusing) incorporated in Kori-xr™, achieve simultaneous analysis of all VOCs including polar, non-polar and monoterpenes in humid air streams, without using liquid cryogen.
- Expanded sampling capabilities – Options for loop or metered addition enable a wide range of samples or standards to be run, with pressures from sub-ambient pressure to 50 psig, and concentrations from ppt to percent level.
- Intelligent software – Uptime is maximised thanks to built-in parameters for several standard methods, automated self-checking diagnostics, and usage/maintenance counters.
- Streamlined analysis – Heated internal lines and efficient purging combine to eliminate carryover between samples, meaning fewer blanks.
- Compatibility with GC and GC–MS from all major manufacturers – minimises the upfront investment required to investigate new TD markets for your lab. UNITY-xr can even be interfaced to direct MS instruments for high throughput targeted analysis.
US EPA Methods TO-15 & TO-15A
US EPA Method TO-15 and TO-15A defines performance criteria for the sampling and analysis of volatile compounds in air contained in canisters, and is primarily employed for the monitoring of airborne pollutants in urban and industrial environments.