Multi-tube thermal desorber for high-throughput automated analysis
TD100-xr™ is an automated thermal desorption system for the rapid and unattended processing of up to 100 sorbent tubes in a single sequence. It’s the perfect thermal desorption unit for high-throughput analytical laboratories needing to process large numbers of tube-based samples automatically.
TD100-xr is also available with our award winning Multi-Gas functionality, independently certified for operation with a choice of 3 carrier gases: helium, nitrogen and hydrogen. Hydrogen carrier gas offers fast, cost-effective analyses and protection against future helium shortages.
Without the reliable and reproducible automated sample introduction offered by the TD100-xr, we would not be able to carry out long-term studies on this scale...The TD100-xr was a revelation.
Market-leading advantages of TD100-xr
- Eliminate helium dependency – Use of hydrogen, nitrogen or helium as a carrier gas for your automated sorbent tube analysis with our Multi-Gas TD100-xr
- Sample Security – With quantitative sample re-collection for repeat analysis, TD100-xr offers simple method/data validation and overcomes the ‘one-shot’ limitation of historical systems.
Additionally, tubes remain capped at all times, avoiding sample contamination and/or analyte loss.
- Cost saving – The electrically-cooled focusing trap eliminates the expense and hassle of liquid cryogen and prevents risk of ice blockages thus optimising uptime. Choosing to operate with hydrogen carrier gas with a Multi-Gas thermal desorber will also eliminate dependency on helium and its rising cost.
- Time saving – Capacity for up to 100 tubes and the ability to use overlap mode allow you to maximise productivity (for example, by running samples unattended all weekend).
- Broadest available tube analyte and concentration range – TD100-xr is compatible with analysis of VOCs from C3 to C44, including reactive and thermally labile species. The unbeatable split versatility (true-splitless to 125,000:1) also enables both high-concentration and trace-level samples to be analysed.
- Precision – Automated addition of an internal standard to the focusing trap or to a tube, during analysis enhances the quality of your data.
- High data quality – Automatic leak tests carried out before analysis of each sample ensure confidence in your data quality and full compliance with key regulated methods.
- Reliability – Dry-purge or pre-purge automatically remove water and air from the sample before analysis, avoiding the risk of interference in the gas chromatograph, and extending the lifetimes of your column and detector.
- Simplified chain of custody – The on-board TubeTAG read/write functionality automatically updates tube and sample information during analysis.
- Compliance with standard methods – Stringent leak testing, re-collection and a range of advanced water management options ensure full compliance with key standard methods from numerous regulatory bodies, including US EPA, Chinese EPA, CEN, ISO, ASTM, HSE, JSA and NIOSH.
- Compatibility with GC and GC–MS from all major manufacturers – minimises the upfront investment required to investigate new TD markets for your lab.
- Easy and intelligent operation – Built-in standard-method parameters, automated self-checking diagnostics and usage/maintenance counters maximise instrument uptime.