Troubleshooting analytical thermal desorption applications
Application Note 006
This application note describes some of the most commonly encountered concerns and how best to address them.
The following issues are covered:
- Poor peak shape
- Contamination – chromatogram artefacts
- Component carryover
- Poor peak precision
- Poor analyte recovery
- Cold trap cooling problems
- High air/water background
- Air/water step seen when scanning to low masses with an MS detector
- Frequent leak test failures
Advice given relates specifically to Markes’ UNITY™-based systems and the TD-100™.