Making our world safer and healthier through science
Markes International provides chemists with the tools to find chemicals in all sorts of things – from pesticides in river water to aroma compounds in strawberries.
In this e-book, we help you understand why detecting chemicals is important for our safety and health.
We talk about some of the most interesting areas in a bit more depth, and highlight the most exciting examples of our work, including:
- Monitoring air pollution
- Monitoring hazardous chemicals in workplaces
- Studying the volatile chemicals emitted by food and drink for quality control and safety
- Testing emissions from materials such as plastic toys, car trim materials and building materials
- Testing emissions from cosmetics
- Forensic investigations
- Biological monitoring, for example disease diagnosis