The ultimate automated multi-mode extraction and enrichment platform for GC–MS
Centri 360 is designed for researchers needing comprehensive sample profiling, and who use multiple sample preparation techniques.
Powered by best-in-class robotic automation, Centri 360 gives unrivalled flexibility for unattended, rapid and efficient extraction and enrichment of VOCs and SVOCs. With its multiple sampling modes ansd modular design, Centri offers maximum versatility for liquid, solid and gaseous samples.
Innovation lies at the heart of Centri. Incorporating Markes’ advanced cryogen-free focusing trap technology, Centri optimises analytical sensitivity, and enhances the quality of information obtained from GC–MS.
Working with Centri opens the door, in a completely automated way, to new possibilities in analysis of volatiles. The use of multiple-cumulative extractions exploiting the trapping technique significantly improves the level of information that can be acquired in untargeted studies of volatile metabolites. Centri provides unique capabilities, in a user-friendly interface.
Why use Centri 360?
- Flexibility: Fully modular sampling and automation options with full upgrade pathway, allowing scientist to fully characterise the VOC and SVOC profile of solids, liquids and gaseous samples.
- Performance: Improved chromatographic resolution, higher sensitivity and more compounds detected using preconcentration and multi-step enrichment (MSE®).
- Automation: Completely automated workflow (including sorptive extraction) using gold standard robotics enabling both high performance and productivity.
- HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction – Robust, fully automated workflows using probe-based immersive or headspace sampling from liquids and solids.
- SPME and SPME–trap– Fast and sensitive sample extraction, with a range of fibre types offering analyte selectivity.
- Headspace and Headspace–trap– Versatile sampling from solids and liquids contained in regular headspace vials.
Who uses Centri 360?
Centri is ideal for environmental, food, fragrance and clinical laboratories who:
- Want to run many different GC–MS analyses on one platform, using various injection techniques and workflows to fully characterise their samples.
- Struggle with time-consuming manual sample preparation such as liquid–liquid extraction and SPE, and want to replace these with automated high-capacity sorptive extraction, thermal desorption, headspace or SPME techniques.
- Need improved sensitivity for the analysis of organic species in solids or liquids.
It is often not immediately clear upfront which of the different sample preparation techniques for the analysis of volatiles will give the best results – this instrument simply combines them all.
Download product brochure and technical specification
To find out more about these techniques, download our four infographics:
- SPME & SPME–trap – Fast & sensitive sample extraction, with a range of fibre types offering analyte selectivity
- HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction – Robust, fully automated probe-based immersive or headspace sampling from liquids and solids.
- Headspace and Headspace–trap – Versatile sampling from solids and liquids contained in regular headspace vials.
- Thermal desorption – Using industry-standard tubes to analyse VOCs and SVOCs in air, or released from materials.