O-Rings are used in instruments, sampling accessories, and supplies products. Many should be checked and replaced regularly as part of a routine maintenance plan. There are a number of common user-maintainable O-rings used in Markes’ products, as well as custom O-rings for specific sampling accessories. The latter can be found on the same page as their main product.
- The most commonly used O-rings can be purchased in larger, more economical pack sizes
- Refer to product manual/IFU for guidance, or talk to our technical team
Size 003- pk 10
Size 006- pk 10
Size 007- pk 10
Size 010- pk 10
Size 010- pk 100
3.5 mm ID x 1.5 mm section- pk 10
5.92 mm ID x 1.93 mm- pk 10
5.92 mm ID x 1.93 mm- pk 100
Size 201- pk 10
O-ring- for Centri
Black- high temperature- for lower liner seal- pk 1
O-Rings supplied by Markes are usually made of Viton. They are used to create a reusable seal between consumable items (such as a tube, trap or injector liner) and an instrument or its interface (such as a tube receiver or DiffLok cap).
The part numbers of the most commonly used O-rings are:
- U-COV06: Used in the trap pneumatics of Markes’ instruments to seal the focusing trap.
- U-COV07: Used in Markes’ tube autosamplers to seal the TD flow path against the external face of a DiffLok cap, and in the trap pneumatics of Kori-xr and TT24-7.
- U-COV10: Used in industry-standard DiffLok caps, and on sample and split tube inlets/receivers for industry-standard tubes (6.35 mm o.d.), such as those in TC-20, µ-CTE, UNITY-xr, TD100-xr and the backpressure adaptor for ACTI-VOC.
- U-COV45: Used in DiffLok caps for 4½″ DAAMS tubes, and on tube inlets/receivers for 6 mm o.d. tubes such as those found on the TC-20, µ-CTE and the backpressure adapter for ACTI-VOC.
O-Rings should be checked routinely to ensure optimum system performance and replaced in the event of a leak or if there is visible wear. They are included in Routine Maintenance Kits (RMKs), which contain sufficient spares for approximately 12 months of average use and are available for all Markes’ instruments and large sampling accessories. If additional O-rings are needed in the interim, or if they are needed for other products, they can be purchased separately.
Markes recommends using O-ring extraction and insertion tools, with gloves, when replacing O-rings.
U-COV03 - U-COV06 - U-COV07 - U-COV10 - U-COV100 - U-COV108-H - U-COV108-L - U-COV201 - U-COV35 - U-COV45 - U-COV450