High-throughput platform for routine, high-sensitivity analysis using headspace- and SPME-based workflows
Centri 90 is an automated platform for routine sampling and enrichment by headspace, SPME and SPME Arrow, with additional chromatographic performance provided by trap-based preconcentration.
Along with advanced options for water management, Centri 90 provides excellent analytical performance across a wide analyte range, and especially for early-eluting VVOCs.
Conventional GC injection modes remain available, allowing you to maintain existing workflows while also evaluating the benefits of preconcentration using the focusing trap.
Why use Centri 90?
- Centri 90 delivers a sensitivity gain of up to 100× when compared to classical static headspace or SPME
- Maximise your ROI, and remove dependence from gas bottles, by adopting H2 carrier gas now or in the future.
- Centri 90 provides high sample-throughput of up to 300 sample vials, ideal for high-productivity labs.
- The small footprint of Centri 90 provides seamless integration into your lab by connecting to existing GC–MS instruments.
- Centri 90 can be easily upgraded – to Centri 180 – to extend the range of techniquies by adding thermal desorption and HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction capability.
- Eliminate the cost and inconvenience of cryogen, and avoid associated risk of ice blockages, with controlled, electrical cooling.
Centri 90 features
- SPME–trap and SPME Arrow–trap– Fast and sensitive sample extraction, with a range of fibre types offering analyte selectivity.
- Headspace–trap – Versatile sampling from solids and liquids contained in regular headspace vials.
Who uses Centri 90?
- Analysts needing to increase sensitivity of their routine HS, SPME and SPME Arrow analysis with maximum productivity gains.
- Modern chromatographic labs adopting hydrogen carrier gas to preserve natural helium resources, lower cost per run and reducing their dependency from gas cylinders.
- Chemists who routinely quantify VOCs and SVOCs in a single run, benefitting from expertly-tailored multi-sorbent bed traps combined with backflush operation
To find out more about these techniques, download our four infographics:
- SPME & SPME–trap – Fast & sensitive sample extraction, with a range of fibre types offering analyte selectivity
- HiSorb™ high-capacity sorptive extraction – Robust, fully automated probe-based immersive or headspace sampling from liquids and solids.
- Headspace and Headspace–trap – Versatile sampling from solids and liquids contained in regular headspace vials.
- Thermal desorption – Using industry-standard tubes to analyse VOCs and SVOCs in air, or released from materials.