Sorbent tubes - stainless steel
Markes’ stainless sorbent tubes are available in two sizes: 3.5” x ¼” (industry-standard), and 4.5” x 6mm (DAAMS). Industry-standard tubes are compatible with Markes, PerkinElmer, Shimadzu, Dani, CDS and Gerstel 3.5+ thermal desorption (TD) systems.
Tubes can be provided empty, packed with a single sorbent bed for active or passive sampling, and multiple sorbent beds for active sampling of an extended hydrocarbon range. Tubes are sold conditioned and capped with long-term storage caps, or unconditioned without caps.
To see all industry standard sorbent tubes we sell use our tube selector.
See our PFAS tubes brochure for more details.
All Markes’ sorbent tubes are permanently labelled with a unique serial number, barcode and sampling arrow for ease of use and tracking.
Types of stainless steel sorbent tube
- General use – Single and multi-bed tubes with broad analyte ranges, suitable for general use and sampling of unknown and/or known compounds. Versatile and robust, making them ideal for everyday use.
- Method compliant – Single and multi-bed tubes designed to be compliant with methods such as EPA TO-17. Purchased conditioned, they minimise preparation time and provide confidence in results.
- Application optimised – Single and multi-bed tubes optimised by Markes for specific applications such as bio-monitoring, material emissions testing, air sampling in hydrophobic environments and SVOC monitoring. Optimised by TD experts to streamline method development and minimise downtime.
- Single-sorbent – Popular tubes packed with a single sorbent bed. Packed by TD experts with optimised mesh sizes, bed lengths and packing methods for pumped and passive sampling.
- Multi-bed – Popular tubes packed with multiple sorbent beds: typically, two or three. Optimised combinations of mesh size, mass, and sorbent combinations for effective pumped sampling. Allow for sampling of extended analyte ranges on a single tube, reducing costs and simplifying workflow.
- Custom – Custom-packed single or multi-bed tubes specifically configured to suit your requirements. Further options include custom laser-etching, banding, and RFID-tagging (TubeTAG™).
- Empty – Empty tubes for direct desorption of homogenous solid or semi-solid materials, for advanced users with their own sorbent packing expertise and equipment, or to be used as carrier tubes.
- SafeLok™ tubes– With diffusion-locking SafeLok options for additional peace of mind, or for sampling at low flow rates.