Cryogen-free, automated canister and whole air preconcentration system
UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr™ is an inert, multi-channel system for the automated analysis of VOCs in canisters and bags. It has capacity for up to 27 channels, operates completely without cryogen, and is also compatible with on-line and tube-based sampling. It’s the ultimate system for high-throughput laboratories running the canister-based methods US EPA TO-15/TO-15A and Chinese EPA HJ 759. It is also ideal for analysts needing a versatile TD system able to handle other whole-air samples, as well as sorbent tubes.
Benefits of UNITY-CIA Advantage-xr
- Multi-Gas UNITY-xr – for the first time, enabling certified thermal desorption instruments to be run with a choice of carrier gases: helium, nitrogen and hydrogen.
- Reduced running costs– The allows analysis of compounds as volatile as C2 hydrocarbons without the need for cryogen, and the associated risk of flow-path blockage with ice.
- Enhance productivity – Up to 27 canisters or bags at high and low concentrations can be analysed in a single unattended sequence, with sample throughput boosted by overlap mode.
- Method-compliance – Internal standard capability, outstanding system linearity and part-per-trillion-level MDLs ensure full compliance with key methods such as US EPA TO-15/TO-15A and Chinese EPA HJ 759.
- Future-proof – Because it incorporates capability for on-line monitoring and sorbent-tube desorption, CIA Advantage-xr allows you to respond to new applications and customer requirements.
- Unsurpassed water management – Dry-Focus3™ three-stage focusing incorporates the Kori-xr™ water-removal module to allow simultaneous analysis of in humid air streams, without using liquid cryogen.
- Expanded sampling capabilities – Options for loop or metered addition enable a wide range of samples or standards to be run, with pressures from sub-ambient pressure to 50 psig, and concentrations from ppt to percent level.
- Intelligent software – Uptime is maximised thanks to built-in parameters for several standard methods, automated self-checking diagnostics, and usage/maintenance counters.
- Streamlined analysis – Heated internal lines and efficient purging combine to eliminate carryover between samples, meaning fewer blanks.
- Broad system compatibility – The short, heated transfer line means that the UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr can be installed on all major makes of GC and GC–MS.
US EPA Methods TO-15 & TO-15A
US EPA Method TO-15 defines performance criteria for the sampling and analysis of volatile compounds in air contained in canisters, and is primarily employed for the monitoring of airborne pollutants in urban and industrial environments.